Join Our Mailing List
Read Our Recent Blogs
- Based on TKI Research Studies: Which Conflict Mode Is Used Most Frequently (Whether in a Group or in an Entire Country)?
- Resolving the Four Foundational—Inner—Conflicts
- Are Your Surrounding Systems Separate from Your Inner Self?
- The Inherent Conflict Regarding Who Determines Your Self-Worth
- Modifying the Underlying Dimensions of the TKI Conflict Model
- Enhancing Consciousness in Ourselves and Our Organizations
- The Tangible Technique versus the Fuzzy Technology for Using Assessment Tools
- Why Does the TKI Interpretation Focus on High, Medium, and Low Percentiles and Not Raw Scores?
- Looking at E-mail Negotiations with the TKI Conflict Model
- Conflict Management and Expanding Consciousness
THE UNIQUE BENEFITS OF TAKING OUR STRATEGY-STRUCTURE COURSE
- In a 3-hour recorded course, you'll hear Dr. Ralph Kilmann's crystal-clear voice explain how members can effectively self-design and self-manage the two most important formal systems in their organization: strategy and structure.
- Strategy answers this question: Where are we headed? Structure answers this question: How are we organized to get there? If the answers to these two questions are based on outdated—false—assumptions about key stakeholders, however, everything else that members do will be irrelevant and thus ineffective.
- Dr. Kilmann explains why it's so important to develop several radically different strategic plans for the future, each of which is vital, noble, and engaging—while realizing that each plan is deeply rooted in vastly different assumptions.
- You'll next learn what probably is the most neglected aspect of strategy-structure: Are subunit boundaries cast in stone or in outdated assumptions? Once again, it's the hidden—false—assumptions that keep an organization's structure frozen over time, regardless of dramatic shifts in stakeholder needs and requirements.
- Dr. Kilmann describes three different kinds of task flow (pooled, sequential, and reciprocal). He then reveals which particular task flow must be contained within subunit boundaries and which task flow can be left to fall between the cracks.
- Making good use of all the foregoing material, a Problem Management Organization (PMO) is especially created to investigate the hidden assumptions behind several alternative strategic plans and several alternative structural arrangements.
- During the final stage of assumptional analysis, members derive a synthesized strategic plan that's fully aligned with a synthesized design of subunits, which capitalizes on all the strategy-structure wisdom in the organization.
- For your convenience, in case you haven't yet taken ADVANCED Training in Conflict Management or the Critical Thinking Course, our Strategy-Structure Course includes a brief review of problem management and assumptional analysis, respectively.
- This online course comes with a 138-page downloadable manual that contains a reduced image of every presentation slide, Dr. Kilmann's personalized notes, reference material, and space for note taking. Included in this manual are three sets of professionally designed "Work Sheets" for exploring, organizing, and conducting an assumptional analysis on radically different strategic and structural alternatives.
- Because this online course is recorded, you can watch it anytime, anywhere, and at your own pace—either on a laptop computer or a mobile device.
- See several additional Unique Benefits for taking our online courses!
PURCHASING THIS COURSE FOR YOURSELF
The price for the 3-hour Strategy-Structure Course is $300. At the bottom of this page, you can place this online course in your shopping cart and complete your purchase. If you'd like to upgrade to any of our course collections in the future, you'll receive full credit for this purchase via our Upgrade Path.
When you complete the purchasing process, you'll have instant access to this recorded online course for 90 days. During this period, you can (1) download the Course Manual and (2) watch this online course as often as you like.
To test your mastery of this course, take and pass the Final Exam. Although we do not offer a "certificate of achievement" for the Strategy-Structure Course, passing this exam counts toward your receiving the "Certificate in Conflict Management and Change Management," if you later upgrade to our course collection: The Complete Program.
PURCHASING THIS COURSE FOR SEVERAL PARTICIPANTS (OR SOMEONE ELSE)
The price of this online course for 1 to 4 persons is $300 each. The price for 5 or more persons is $250 each. At the bottom of this page, you can enter the quantity you wish to order. If you enter 5 or more courses, the total charge will be based on the group rate.
After you complete your checkout, download The Spreadsheet for Creating Group Accounts and follow the instructions. If you are purchasing the course for only one person, then fill out the spreadsheet for just this one person.
To learn how the members of any work group can blend this online course with live discussions, review these detailed steps: Blended Learning for the Strategy-Structure Course.
COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE
Before you can purchase this course, you must first create a username account—or log in to your existing account. After you have completed your purchase, click on My Online Courses on your username panel at the top left of our Website. A new page will open that will provide a link for taking your online course.