Join Our Mailing List
Read Our Recent Blogs
- Based on TKI Research Studies: Which Conflict Mode Is Used Most Frequently (Whether in a Group or in an Entire Country)?
- Resolving the Four Foundational—Inner—Conflicts
- Are Your Surrounding Systems Separate from Your Inner Self?
- The Inherent Conflict Regarding Who Determines Your Self-Worth
- Modifying the Underlying Dimensions of the TKI Conflict Model
- Enhancing Consciousness in Ourselves and Our Organizations
- The Tangible Technique versus the Fuzzy Technology for Using Assessment Tools
- Why Does the TKI Interpretation Focus on High, Medium, and Low Percentiles and Not Raw Scores?
- Looking at E-mail Negotiations with the TKI Conflict Model
- Conflict Management and Expanding Consciousness
Organizational Courage Assessment
THE UNIQUE BENEFITS OF TAKING THE COURAGE ASSESSMENT
- The Courage Assessment, published in 2002, was the first of its kind to provide a quantitative measure of organizational courage—which was partly inspired by the many courageous acts that took place on September 11, 2001.
- Drs. Kilmann, O'Hara, and Strauss developed a quantitative assessment that determines the extent to which members (a) observe various acts of courage in their organization and (b) acknowledge how afraid members would be of performing those same acts of courage—instead of relying on interviews and stories to document acts of courage (which had been the accepted approach in the past).
- Combining the two dimensions of "observing courage" and "fearing acts of courage" reveals four types of organizations: (1) Fearful Organizations, (2) Bureaucratic Organizations, (3) Courageous Organizations, and (4) Quantum Organizations. Not surprisingly, each of these four types has a different likelihood of achieving organizational success in today's turbulent world.
- After taking this self-report assessment, you'll learn why a combination of personal and/or system-wide transformation is essential in order to encourage people to do the right things for long-term organizational success—either by learning how to cope with the fear in the situation (personal transformation) or by eradicating the fear in the workplace through a dedicated program for improving the formal and informal systems (organizational transformation).
- This tool enables you to graph your results on a "Courage Profile" so you can easily see whether (and to what extent) the groups and departments in an organization have the same or a different relationship with courage and fear, which then leads to further discussion and action.
- The online version of the Courage Assessment takes about 15 minutes to complete. Right afterward, you can download a pdf file for graphing and interpreting your type of organizational courage, which includes a number of specific examples. Click here to see: Sample Results and Interpretive Materials.
- Dr. Ralph Kilmann is the co-author of the Courage Assessment: If you have any questions about how to administer this tool or interpret your results, you won't be able to find another person who has more relevant knowledge and experience.
PURCHASING THE ASSESSMENT FOR YOURSELF
The price for the ONLINE version of the Courage Assessment is $25. At the bottom of this page, you can place this online product in your shopping cart. To purchase the PAPER version of this assessment, visit: Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Once you complete your purchase, you have 90 days to take the assessment and download the file for graphing and interpreting your scores.
PURCHASING THE ASSESSMENT FOR SEVERAL PERSONS (OR SOMEONE ELSE)
For 1 to 49 persons, each assessment is $25.00.
For 50 to 99 persons, each assessment is $22.50.
For 100 to 499 persons, each assessment is $20.00.
For 500 to 999 persons, each assessment is $17.50.
For 1000 or more, each assessment is $15.00.
At the bottom of this page, you can enter the desired quantity to your shopping cart. If you enter 50 or more, the total charge will be based on the relevant quantity discount. As soon as an assessment is assigned to a person on your spreadsheet (see below), he or she has 90 days to take the assessment.
After you complete your checkout, download The Spreadsheet for Creating Group Accounts and follow the instructions. If you are purchasing the assessment for only one person, then fill out the spreadsheet for just this one person.
If you'll be conducting an educational program for several persons (or someone else) and you want to make use of their assessment results before that meeting, ask them to send you their two courage scores and/or a scan of their completed Organizational Courage Profile.
Special Requests: We are willing to handle some special requests that pertain to group purchases (which include preparing spreadsheets), but we charge a fee (or add a surcharge per survey) for providing such extra services. Please Contact Us for more information.
CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE THE COURAGE ASSESSMENT ALSO PURCHASE THIS ONLINE COURSE
During our 5-hour Quantum Transformation Course, not only will Dr. Kilmann help you interpret your courage scores, but you'll also learn how to interpret these results for an organization. Taking this online course is the best way to ensure you are accurately interpreting the scores—and using this assessment to its full potential. Click on the image to the right to learn how you can take our Quantum Transformation Course.
The ONLINE Courage Assessment—Not the Paper Booklet—Before Any Quantity Discount: