User Log In
Join Our Mailing List
Read Our Recent Blogs
- Resolving the Four Foundational—Inner—Conflicts
- Are Your Surrounding Systems Separate from Your Inner Self?
- The Inherent Conflict Regarding Who Determines Your Self-Worth
- Modifying the Underlying Dimensions of the TKI Conflict Model
- Enhancing Consciousness in Ourselves and Our Organizations
- The Tangible Technique versus the Fuzzy Technology for Using Assessment Tools
- Why Does the TKI Interpretation Focus on High, Medium, and Low Percentiles and Not Raw Scores?
- Looking at E-mail Negotiations with the TKI Conflict Model
- Conflict Management and Expanding Consciousness
- Using Group TKI Profiles for Improving Conflict Management in Organizations
Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
40+ Years with the Thomas-Kilmann Instrument: 1974 –
See CPP's Dedicated TKI Page, which provides free online resources, TKI blogs, and engaging articles! Be sure to see our Videos for the Thomas-Kilmann Instrument (TKI). And you can download CPP's free 2015 e-book: The TKI Tool: More Than Conflict Management.
THE UNIQUE BENEFITS OF TAKING THE THOMAS-KILMANN INSTRUMENT (TKI)
- The TKI has been the worldwide leader in assessing conflict-handling behavior for almost forty years. More than 7,000,000 copies of the TKI have been purchased since 1974. When you take the TKI, therefore, you can be confident that you're using an assessment tool that has withstood the rugged test of time.
- Dr. Ralph Kilmann is the co-author of the TKI: If you have any questions about how to administer the assessment or interpret your results, you won't be able to find another person who has more TKI knowledge and experience.
- The TKI is a self-report assessment that allows you to discover whether you might be overusing (a high score) or underusing (a low score) one or more of these five conflict-handling modes: competing, collaborating, compromising, avoiding, and accommodating.
- To determine which of your TKI mode scores are high or low, your results are compared to a.U.S. research sample of 8,000 men and women who were drawn from a pool of 59,000 TKI respondents in order to mirror the demographic distribution of the U.S. population. A subsequent cross-cultural research sample of 6,000 men and women from 16 different countries revealed only minor variations from the U.S. norms. These rather surprising results demonstrate that the TKI is measuring an aspect of conflict-handling behavior that is fairly consistent across different countries and cultures.
- One reason that TKI results have such cross-cultural consistency is because the assessment was purposely designed to minimize the "social desirability response bias" (which is the natural tendency for people in all societies to respond to test items in order to look good to themselves or to others). Consequently, TKI results provide an accurate picture—across the globe—of how people actually behave in conflict situations.
- The online version of the TKI assessment only takes 15 minutes to complete. Immediately afterwards, you can download your TKI Profile. Click here to see a Sample TKI Report.
PURCHASING THE TKI FOR YOURSELF
The price for the online TKI is $45. At the bottom of this page, you can add this online assessment to your shopping cart. To purchase the PAPER version of the TKI, which requires you to score, graph, and interpret your own results, you must go to the publisher's website: CPP, Inc.
Once you complete your purchase, you have 90 days to take the TKI assessment and download your personalized TKI report.
The TKI Tool: More Than Conflict Management
Videos for the Thomas-Kilmann Instrument (TKI)
A Brief History of the Thomas-Kilmann Instrument
Using the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
Frequently Asked Questions About the TKI Assessment
Celebrating the TKI and Systemwide Conflict Management
PURCHASING THE TKI FOR SEVERAL PERSONS (OR SOMEONE ELSE)
For 1 to 49 persons, each TKI is $45.00.
For 50 to 99 persons, each TKI is $42.50.
For 100 to 499 persons, each TKI is $40.00.
For 500 to 999 persons, each TKI is $37.50.
For 1000 or more, each TKI is $35.00.
At the bottom of this page, you can enter the desired quantity of TKIs to your shopping cart. If you enter 50 or more TKIs, the total charge will be based on the relevant quantity discount. As soon as a TKI is assigned to a person on your spreadsheet (see below), he or she has 90 days to take the assessment.
After you complete your checkout, download The Spreadsheet for Creating Group Accounts and follow the instructions. If you are buying the TKI for only one person, fill out the spreadsheet for just this one person.
If you'll be conducting an educational program for several persons (or someone else) and you want to make use of their TKI results before that meeting, ask them to send you a copy of their personalized report as soon as they have downloaded it.
Special Requests: We are willing to handle some special requests that pertain to group TKI purchases (which include preparing spreadsheets and reprinting lost TKI reports), but we charge a fee (or add a surcharge per TKI) for providing such extra services. Please Contact Us for more information. Further, if you wish to purchase 50 or more paper TKI booklets, we are willing to provide that service (but not for an order that is less than 50 TKI booklets in total). After you make your purchase on our website, let us know your shipping address, since we do not collect that information during the purchasing process. Please note: We do not ship outside the U.S. And if you wish to purchase less than 50 TKI paper booklets, we request that you go directly to the publisher's website, CPP, Inc., since we do not provide this special service for small-quantity orders.
CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE THE TKI ASSESSMENT ALSO PURCHASE THIS RECORDED ONLINE COURSE
During our 80-minute BASIC Training in Conflict Management, not only will Dr. Kilmann help you interpret your TKI results, but you'll also learn how to interpret other people's results. Taking this course is the best way to make sure you are accurately interpreting TKI results—and using this assessment to its full potential. Click on the image to the right to learn how you can gain the most value-added knowledge from an individual's TKI assessment.
CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE THE TKI FOR GROUPS WILL WANT TO TAKE THIS RECORDED ONLINE COURSE
If you will be purchasing the TKI for a work group, consider taking GROUP Training in Conflict Management, which will help you develop and interpret "Group TKI Profiles." This course will enable consultants, trainers, and coaches to improve conflict-handling behavior in the workplace far beyond what is possible from simply averaging "Individual TKI Profiles." Click on the image to learn more.
COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE
Before you can purchase the TKI assessment, you must first create a username account—or log in to your existing account. After you have completed your purchase, click on My TKI on your username panel at the top left of our Website. A new page will open that will provide the instructions and a link for taking the TKI.
The TKI Assessment Before Any Quantity Discount: