User Log In
Join Our Mailing List
Read Our Recent Blogs
- The Inherent Conflict Regarding Who Determines Your Self-Worth
- Modifying the Underlying Dimensions of the TKI Conflict Model
- Enhancing Consciousness in Ourselves and Our Organizations
- The Tangible Technique versus the Fuzzy Technology for Using Assessment Tools
- Why Does the TKI Interpretation Focus on High, Medium, and Low Percentiles and Not Raw Scores?
- Looking at E-mail Negotiations with the TKI Conflict Model
- Conflict Management and Expanding Consciousness
- Using Group TKI Profiles for Improving Conflict Management in Organizations
- Resolving the Truth Between Two People in Conflict
- How Do You Know If You're Using the TKI Successfully?
Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
Celebrating the TKI's 40th Year Anniversary: 1974 – 2014
See CPP's Dedicated TKI Anniversary Page, which provides free online resources, TKI blogs, and engaging videos in order to celebrate this historic occasion!
THE UNIQUE BENEFITS OF TAKING THE THOMAS-KILMANN INSTRUMENT (TKI)
- The TKI has been the worldwide leader in assessing conflict-handling behavior for almost forty years. More than 7,000,000 copies of the TKI have been purchased since 1974. When you take the TKI, therefore, you can be confident that you're using an assessment tool that has withstood the rugged test of time.
- Dr. Ralph Kilmann is the co-author of the TKI: If you have any questions about how to administer the assessment or interpret your results, you won't be able to find another person who has more TKI knowledge and experience.
- The TKI is a self-report assessment that allows you to discover whether you might be overusing (a high score) or underusing (a low score) one or more of these five conflict-handling modes: competing, collaborating, compromising, avoiding, and accommodating.
- To determine which of your TKI mode scores are high or low, your results are compared to a.U.S. research sample of 8,000 men and women who were drawn from a pool of 59,000 TKI respondents in order to mirror the demographic distribution of the U.S. population. A subsequent cross-cultural research sample of 6,000 men and women from 16 different countries revealed only minor variations from the U.S. norms. These rather surprising results demonstrate that the TKI is measuring an aspect of conflict-handling behavior that is fairly consistent across different countries and cultures.
- One reason that TKI results have such cross-cultural consistency is because the assessment was purposely designed to minimize the "social desirability response bias" (which is the natural tendency for people in all societies to respond to test items in order to look good to themselves or to others). Consequently, TKI results provide an accurate picture—across the globe—of how people actually behave in conflict situations.
- The online version of the TKI assessment only takes 15 minutes to complete. Immediately afterwards, you can download your TKI Profile. Click here to see a Sample TKI Report.
PURCHASING THE TKI FOR YOURSELF
The fee for the ONLINE version of the TKI is $40. At the bottom of this page, you can place this online assessment in your shopping cart. To purchase the PAPER version of the TKI, which requires you to score, graph, and interpret your own results, you must go to the publisher's website: CPP, Inc.
Once you complete your purchase, you have 90 days to take the TKI assessment and download your personalized TKI report.
PURCHASING THE TKI FOR SEVERAL PERSONS (OR SOMEONE ELSE)
For 1 to 49 persons, each TKI is $40.00.
For 50 to 99 persons, each TKI is $37.50.
For 100 to 499 persons, each TKI is $35.00.
For 500 to 999 persons, each TKI is $32.50.
For 1000 or more, each TKI is $30.00.
At the start of the purchasing process, you can enter the "Quantity" of TKIs you wish to order. Next click on "Update cart." If you enter 50 or more for the "Quantity" of your purchase, the total charge will be based on the relevant quantity discount.
After you complete your checkout, download The Spreadsheet for Creating Group Accounts and follow the instructions. If you are buying the TKI for only one person, fill out the spreadsheet for just this one person.
If you'll be conducting an educational program for several persons (or someone else) and you want to make use of their TKI results before that meeting, ask them to send you a copy of their personalized report as soon as they have downloaded it.
Special Requests: We are willing to handle some special requests that pertain to group TKI purchases (which include preparing spreadsheets and reprinting lost TKI reports), but we charge a fee (or add a surcharge per TKI) for providing such extra services. Please Contact Us for more information.
CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE THE TKI ASSESSMENT ALSO PURCHASE THIS RECORDED ONLINE COURSE
During our 80-minute BASIC Training in Conflict Management, not only will Dr. Kilmann help you interpret your TKI results, but you'll also learn how to interpret other people's results. Taking this course is the best way to make sure you are accurately interpreting TKI results—and using this assessment to its full potential. Click on the image to the right to learn how you can gain the most value-added knowledge from an individual's TKI assessment.
CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE THE TKI FOR GROUPS WILL WANT TO TAKE THIS RECORDED ONLINE COURSE
If you will be purchasing the TKI for a work group, consider taking GROUP Training in Conflict Management, which will help you develop and interpret "Group TKI Profiles." This course will enable consultants, trainers, and coaches to improve conflict-handling behavior in the workplace far beyond what is possible from simply averaging "Individual TKI Profiles." Click on the image to learn more.
CONSIDER TAKING THE TKI PACKAGE OF OUR THREE COURSES ON THE TKI AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
This special package includes two TKI assessments as well as our three TKI-based online courses: (1) BASIC Training in Conflict Management, (2) GROUP Training in Conflict Management, and (3) ADVANCED Training in Conflict Management. Click on the image to learn about the cost savings and other benefits of purchasing The TKI Package, which include your earning the Certificate in the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument.
This new book includes a comprehensive process for resolving your primal relationships, which will then allow you to use all your energy and focus on living your destiny. The TKI Model is modified to reflect "My Version of the Truth" versus "Your Version of the Truth," which then defines five modified conflict modes. Ralph Kilmann's book also discusses how to bring greater consciousness into organizations by using numerous mind/body/spirit modalities for awakening—and aligning—society, systems, and souls. For more information, click on the book's cover.
COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE
Before you can purchase the TKI assessment, you must first create a username account—or log in to your existing account. After you have completed your purchase, click on My TKI on your username panel at the top left of our Website. A new page will open that will provide the instructions and a link for taking the TKI.
The ONLINE TKI Assessment—Not the Paper Booklet—Before Any Quantity Discount: