User Log In
Join Our Mailing List
Read Our Recent Blogs
- The Inherent Conflict Regarding Who Determines Your Self-Worth
- Modifying the Underlying Dimensions of the TKI Conflict Model
- Enhancing Consciousness in Ourselves and Our Organizations
- The Tangible Technique versus the Fuzzy Technology for Using Assessment Tools
- Why Does the TKI Interpretation Focus on High, Medium, and Low Percentiles and Not Raw Scores?
- Looking at E-mail Negotiations with the TKI Conflict Model
- Conflict Management and Expanding Consciousness
- Using Group TKI Profiles for Improving Conflict Management in Organizations
- Resolving the Truth Between Two People in Conflict
- How Do You Know If You're Using the TKI Successfully?
BASIC Training in Conflict Management
Celebrating the TKI's 40th Year Anniversary: 1974 – 2014
See CPP's Dedicated TKI Anniversary Page, which provides free online resources, TKI blogs, and engaging videos in order to celebrate this historic occasion!
THE UNIQUE BENEFITS OF TAKING BASIC TRAINING IN CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
- In an 80-minute recorded course, you'll hear Dr. Ralph Kilmann's crystal-clear voice explain the underlying dimensions of conflict management: assertiveness and cooperativeness. These dimensions define the TKI's five conflict-handling modes: competing, collaborating, compromising, avoiding, and accommodating.
- You'll then hear Dr. Kilmann explain three additional dimensions on the TKI Conflict Model: the distributive, the integrative, and the protective dimensions. These extra dimensions provide greater depth and deeper insight into a person's TKI Profile.
- Toward the end of this recorded online course, Dr. Kilmann provides his detailed—and insightful—interpretion of six very different TKI Profiles, which is one of the best ways to learn how to accurately interpret your own as well as other people's TKI results. His analysis of these six TKI Profiles also offers action recommendations on how these individuals can improve their conflict-handling behavior.
- By learning all about the TKI Conflict Model directly from the author himself, you can rest assured that you'll be using the TKI assessment accurately—and to its full potential.
- This online course comes with a 30-page downloadable manual that includes an image of every presentation slide, Dr. Kilmann's personalized notes, and reference material.
- Because this course is recorded, you can watch it anytime, anywhere, and at your own pace—on a laptop computer or a mobile device.
- See several additional Unique Benefits for taking our online courses!
PURCHASING THIS COURSE FOR YOURSELF
The fee for the 80-minute BASIC Training in Conflict Management is $225. At the bottom of this page, you can place this online course in your shopping cart.
When you complete the purchasing process, you'll have instant access to this recorded online course for 90 days. During this period, you can (1) download the Course Manual; (2) decide whether you want to purchase and then take the TKI assessment (an option, not a requirement); and (3) watch this online course as often as you like.
Although you're not required to take the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (because you might've taken it in the past and still have your report on hand), taking this assessment will enhance your learning experience.
To test your mastery of this course, or to receive 1 CEU, take and pass the Final Exam. However, we do not offer a "certificate of achievement" for BASIC Training in Conflict Management (as we do for some of our separate courses and our course collections).
PURCHASING THIS COURSE FOR SEVERAL PARTICIPANTS (OR SOMEONE ELSE)
The price of this online course for 1 to 4 persons is $225 each. The price for 5 or more persons is $200 each. At the start of the purchasing process, you can enter the "Quantity" you wish to order. Next click on "Update cart." If you entered 5 or more courses for the "Quantity" of your purchase, the total charge will be based on the group rate.
After you complete your checkout, download The Spreadsheet for Creating Group Accounts and follow the instructions. If you are buying this course for another person (for training purposes, for example), fill out the spreadsheet for just this one person.
To learn how the members of any work group can blend this online course with live discussions, review these detailed steps: Blended Learning for BASIC Training in Conflict Management.
COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE
Before you can purchase this course, you must first create a username account—or log in to your existing account. After you have completed your purchase, click on My Online Courses on your username panel at the top left of our Website. A new page will open that will provide a link for taking your online course.